*

*

Friday, November 11, 2011

Living the Dream


I couldn't help but hear repeated in my head tonight, "we're living the dream!". Ali and I were bathing our baby girls at her house tonight and getting them both into jammies when it dawned on me, this is what we used to imagine doing when we played house together at the ages of 6 and 4!; Being mommies with our own houses and baby girls to take care of. It's too much!

Now that she and Blake are living 10 minutes away we no longer have to call each other on the phone and say "I wish...!" Instead, we can! Like tonight the boys (our husbands) have run off to Vegas to meet their other brothers and dad for a triathlon tomorrow morning. Last year, Ali and I would have called one another as I sat alone at Barros Pizza and she sat alone in her living room with sleeping babies and said, "what would we give to be together tonight?!" Now, we are together - and I am so thankful!

It is a blessing and a gift to have this time together in our lives where we are raising these two sweet babies, almost the same age, so close together supporting and loving and enjoying one another the way only sisters can!

We spent the evening together at the park, together at Barros Pizza and together watching reruns of the Nate Berkus Show and X-factor, shoveling down halloween candy and sharing the loot with the kids (hence the sticky faces!). Great night. Thx Al!

No comments: