*

*

Friday, January 9, 2009

Life Continues, plus Holiday Memories!

I'm giving myself two weeks to recuperate after our 15 day trip to Utah... cleaning out the car, unpacking suitcases, unloading Christmas gifts, doing laundry and taking down Christmas decor. All can be overwhelming. So I am doing a little every day, and then enjoying myself.
I've started reading Twilight this week and I am enjoying it, although still waiting for the part to start when I can't put the book down. I am on about page 200 now, out of 500. The anticipation of what everyone talks about is what's got me hooked.
I also joined a gym yesterday. Got tired of feeling like blob, as I so gently put it to the sales guy, and went and worked out this morning which felt awesome. Got the kids signed up for the kids club for cheap so everybody's happy - and I'm taking Ty over tomorrow to see if he'd like to jump on the bandwagon too. They have raquetball and b-ball courts so I imagine he will.
Still waiting for the back window to be replaced in my van (another post...) but for now am feeling grateful to live in Arizona where the air is warm and dry - since I am white-trashing it around town in my child-made convertible. Picture how cool I feel.
Lastly, I am sad to admit it but I am caving in on the no TV thing. I've been enjoying its quiet absence over the last month, but today when I was at the gym I saw commercials for the upcoming 24 Season and American Idol season BOTH which start this week. I did come right home and start calling cable companies, telling each I would go with whomever could have me up and running by Sunday night at 7. I'm still working on that.
Uploading a bunch of fun pictures from the trip now. As always, it was a great time had by all.

Luke's ski-day with dad.
Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus on Christmas Eve
Ali and her baby girl at 20 weeks (can't wait!)
In the truck, off to see Rudolf
Christmas Eve, new Christmas p.j.s
Our pretty girl on Christmas morning
Santa Came!
One of my favorite gifts, a warm quilt made by Shauna!
Beautiful Baby Samantha, Todd and Natalie's new daughter.
Girls night out shopping and having fun!
Weinersnishle run at 11pm - mortifying for all of us!
Looking good at the BYU bowling alley
At Temple Square the day we walked the Vistors Centers and Church Museum
Nana and Poppi and the grandkids
Ty and his great brother Zach
All cuddled up after a long day of playing
Luke sledding
Ash sledding

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha ashley looks so freakin' cute -- what if she was chubby???

Kyle said...

Fun seeing you tonight!!
Looks like you guys had an awesome (and cold) time in Utah...so fun!

jhoopes said...

Sounds like you're off to a GREAT new year! And seriously, you can't miss American Idol. Of course you're going to get Cable!! No one can blame you for THAT!! :)

Ali said...

I should kill you for posing that picture of ME of all people eating hot dog...but then again, it just made me crave one and I'm kinda glad. Maybe I'll hit up costco later....can't wait to see you on THURSDAY!

Jenny said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun in UT! I miss Mason and Lukie playing. Let me tell you, the new friends live in mansions, have nannies and maids. I just don't fit in this town at all! It's quite funny.

Mason will be at the Curtis's house next Monday the 19th around 9am while I get my hair done. Please send Lukie over so Mason can see him, he'd love it!

Jill said...

looks like a perfect "white christmas" with all that family and fun.