*

*

Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School 2010

The kids are off. Ashley is in 1st grade this year, Luke is in 2nd and Jakey starts preschool three days a week. Everyone is excited! I am going to kick my feet up daily and await the arrival of this new little one for the next three months, is the plan anyway.

Last night we had a family meeting and talked about our goals for this new year. Luke and Ashley were nothing but cool, calm and collected as they anticipated starting today. They know the school, their teachers and have friends in their classes. Not too many nerves.

As Tyler and I lay in bed talking about what good kids they are I couldn't help but feel grateful for how well they both are doing in school, with making friends and just being happy in life. I count it as my greatest blessing to have kids who are happy and comfortable and confident in who they are.

So here's to another school year in the making!



4 comments:

natalie said...

oh your kids are darling! and jake is so grown up with his little parted hair :) happy first day of school to them and to you mama! kick up!!

DeeDee said...

wow! so grown up. too cute. i hope you find some time to rest ~ you deserve it. xo

Wendy said...

Boy, how fast your children grow and things change. Cole still talks about Luke and Ashley and how he wants to play with them. We need to get together. Good luck with the whole kickin' it up thing....let me know how that goes. I am up for lessons!

Darcee said...

OK. Your kids are poster children! They are so cute and I cannot believe how old they are getting! I love checking in on your blog. You are such a good mom. Every time I read your blog I'm inspired to be better. Miss you.