*

*

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Book about Dad

Been working on a book about dad this week. I am using my friends fancy computer to make this really cool book that I order and it comes to me all hard-bound and everything. It is been neat going through pictures and other momentos about my dad's life. A little sad too, when I get to the end stuff like his funeral program and such. He was a really good man.

I was wanting to add a picture for those of you who still care to check my blog, but I have been busy with other projects around the house. Cleaning out, sorting and reorganizing toys (prep for Christmas), the preparedness thing, my dad's book, re-doing Jakey's room a bit(no more changing table/baby stuff). He stood up on his changing table the other morning while I stood near his closet getting his clothes and I turned just in time to watch him step off the edge, flip back, hit his back on a table and roll onto the floor. Was not good. So we will change him on the carpet from now on.

Ty is supposed to be in India for work this week, but his Visa did not come in time, so that worked out for the kids and me. We prefer to have him on the American Continent best. He does have to go in early December still though. Unbelievable.

We got new callings this week at church. I don't work with the Young Women anymore (sad... I actually cried!) but Tyler and I are the Activities Committee Chairmen now. So that means we get to plan parties for about 400 people - 1/4 of which are 4 or younger! That actually is up our alley. So we are beginning to think about what to do for the ward for Christmas. We are leaning towards a Talent Show. Any good ideas for any other holiday parties? It's been fun chatting (to myself if no one reads this). - Anne

5 comments:

Erika said...

You're the activities chair now? That was my favorite calling ever. I ended up running two talent shows, and I had a blast both times. If you end up doing that, call me. There are lots of little things that you can do to make it run smoothly that most people never think about unless someone tells them. Goodness know that I didn't think about them, but luckily I had lots of people willing to give advice.

Cami D. said...

Anne - You will be GREAT at your new calling and I am sorry you cried about YW - I don't blame you. I cried too!

I like the idea of a NO talent talent show - you get into groups (you could do age groups that would be fun) and you give them a bag of props and they have to have a skit in 5 minutes. We have had the funniest talent shows from that. That way everyone gets involved and not those who are not afraid to share their talents!

Charis said...

What a great idea about a book for you dad - I love that doing a book is actually do able these days with all the great programs there are. I am sure it will be something treasured and passed on through many generations.

chloe said...

I had to write an essay this week for grad school aps about my mom...12 years later and I still bawl. The joys!

Blake Hillstead said...

just checked your weather forecast. i hate that is 79 there! my feet have been frozen blocks of ice for two days now...