*

*

Friday, February 8, 2008

Elder Mugleston


On Tuesday morning Tyler, Jake and I flew to Utah to see Drew off on his mission. It was a very big event for our family and was filled with many emotions. That night before he was set apart (as an official missionary) our family went to dinner which was memorable. We had a "five minute funeral" for him - which is a tradition in my family where we go around the room sharing our feelings about someone to honor them on their birthday or any other special day. It was sweet to hear what my sisters and mom had to say about Drew.
Wednesday was the big day. Before we went to the MTC we got to stop by the BYU football office where Drew was invited to say goodbye to the coaches. It was so cool of them to take time out of their busy schedules to bid him farewell and to show their love and support after all this time. It was all Tyler and I could do to keep cool while meeting coach Mendenhall, sitting in his office, etc. Very fun.
At the MTC Drew was quiet but ready. Two years feels like a long time when you are looking down the barrel at it. He will be a wonderful missionary and bring many people to Christ through his love and strong testimony of the gospel. I know that many special experiences await him. Anyway, here are the pictures. Great time.








5 comments:

J & J said...

those pictures are priceless...i am so happy for drew. have you heard from him? i hope he is doing well...he is going to be an amazing missionary...well i guess he IS an amazing missionary!

J & J said...

by the way that last comment is actually from me, katie, for some reason i am logged in on jake and jenna's name:)

thegreatscotts said...

Yea! My bro just went in last week. I don't remember having brothers the same age! I love knew missionaries they are so ready to conquer the world.

Kyle said...

Yea...that is so exciting! I am so happy for Drew and your whole family. I love the 5 minute funerals..you've told me about that before. I think it is hillarious and a great idea!
Kyle

Alli grins said...

Very cool to have a missionary out right now with all the awareness about Pres. Hinckley & our new Pres. Monson! Where is your brother going? My brother is in Brazil and just celebrated 1/2 way (a.k.a. Hump Day). You have such a cute family and definitely belong to your Mother!