*

*

Monday, February 25, 2008

Here's to a GREAT 8!

Yesterday Tyler and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary. As is tradition, we planned a weekend away and my wonderful mom once again came to take care of the kids. They were as excited about spending time with her as we were to pull out of the driveway Thursday night! We couldn't get out of there fast enough!
So we were off to Irvine, CA, a five hour drive from here. We left with few plans, but I was committed not to get out of bed until noon the next day. It was amazing.

We enjoyed plenty of time relaxing at the hotel, and great entertainment that is so nice when spent with the one you love! The beach, shopping, eating out, movies, room service... One of the weekend's hightlights was Knotts-berry farm where we about lost our lives on the ghetto old wooden coaster. We laughed and I cried coming in the gate. Torturous.



Every year when we take a few days get away together it makes our anniversary so special. I am lucky to be married to my best friend. XO XO Ty. Thanks for a great trip

7 comments:

Jill said...

You look skinny in those pictures. You are a cute couple. Glad you have such a great tradition of getting away.

Kyle said...

Okay...I am SOOOO jealous of your weekend away!! I wish I had that tradition (maybe I should start it). The only time Benson and I have gotten away for our Anniversary is when YOU watched our kids!!! Thanks again for that :)
Lets get together again...I say that everytime I post a comment..but you aren't responding..maybe I should take the hint!
Kyle

Kyle said...

A.I love that song too...every time I get on my blog I change it to that song and listen to it!!
B. Edit your profile and one of the options is to make your comments in a seperate window
C. How about Monday or Tuesday next week? Or Spring Break?

JS said...

Happy anniversary! 8 years!! Wow!

Ali said...

wow - great pics! I love to see your keeping up with your diet...a hotdog and fries?! haha. you look great. looks like such a fun trip. when are we going to san fran?? ALi

Rachel said...

Next time you guys head to SoCal, let me know- we'd love to meet up with you and do dinner etc. Isn't the Newport Beach Temple beautiful? Congrats on 8 years!

Alli grins said...

Gorgeous header on your blog...love it! Congrats on 8 years. It just keeps getting better;-)