*

*

Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Week Old












My friend Jill came over yesterday to take some pictures of Claire at one week old. I think we did a good job capturing her little parts and personality at this tender age. I wanted to jot some things down about Claire at one week:
- She doesn't cry any longer or harder than necessary to get her message across. She is easily soothed and loves to be cuddled and fed (who doesn't?). Diaper changes are the least favorite parts of her days (and nights).
- She eats about every hour and a half throughout the day - I don't mind at all. At night she's been going about three hour stints - 10:30, 1:30, 4:30 ish. She sleeps with me which I am loving for now. Exhaustion will bring that to an end in the next few weeks, but for now it is precious to hold her on my chest on in the crook of my arm.
- She got a pretty raw diaper rash those first few days but we've been able to cure it pretty well with lots of desitin and a sprinkling of corn starch with every diaper change. Her plumbing definitely works.
- She is my first baby who doesn't spit up (knock on wood)! I am amazed with how I don't have to use burp cloths or change her clothes all the time like I did with my others. She is a dream the way she burps - she can be in the middle of eating, turn her head, burp and latch right back on. It cracks me up but I love it!
- She definitely seems to have her own unique look, maybe through the eyes? We love looking at her and getting to know her for her.

7 comments:

DeeDee said...

she is SO pretty! so happy the week is going well!

monica said...

wow, she is beautiful.

Jill said...

If I could say so myself... I did pretty good taking those pictures. That was really fun holding and loving on little Claire.

Ali said...

so cute! she looks like jake to me?! love the flower headband and the shot of the back of her head. jill did a great job!

J & J said...

she is so cute you guys! congrats! i agree with ali, all i see is jake!

Anonymous said...

shes gorgeous!!!!!!! ive never seen a cuter baby in my life! cant wait to meet her!

natalie said...

oh i love the pics! she is so precious. thanks for posting a little update. can't wait to meet her! and the no spitting up thing must be a trend. sydney doesn't either. amazing :)