*

*

Thursday, February 24, 2011

11 Years ... and Counting!

Today is our anniversary! We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on a very cold, wintry day in February 2000. I was so happy and in love I didn't feel the chill in the air, but looking back at pictures my nose was red and the snow was blowing at a diagonal. Tyler and I didn't care, but I think our family and friends might have as they stood freezing - and not quite as enamored with the day as we were. The next day we were off to Kauai to spend a week on the beach with the warm sun shining down on us. It was perfect.

We have a tradition that started on our second anniversary where we get away together to celebrate. I think its safe to say our first anniversary was a bust because Ty came down with the flu and practically lost all consciousness of what day it was and who he was with by 6pm that night.

But he redeemed himself the following year saying, "We've got to make our anniversaries a priority! Let's do something great every year." And we have. I thought it'd be fun today to try to remember all the years back and see what pictures I can find to go along with.

2002: Salt Lake City - Anniversary Inn and 2002 Winter Olympics



2003: Denver - Limo and dinner surprise

2004: Phoenix - Compass Restaurant, Hyatt Regency Hotel


2005: Coronado Beach, CA (where he proposed), Universal Studios and Sea World


2006: Tucson - Timeshare for the weekend, relaxed!

2007: Scottsdale - Timeshare, dinner and shopping (with baby jake)

2008: San Diego - Knottsberry Farm


2009: Scottsdale - J.W. Marriott Resort


2010: Carribbean Cruise


So what's on order for 2011? It's a first. Tonight we are home and I'm going out to play bunco (romantic, I know). Our Anniversary Celebration has been delayed two weeks until spring break when we take the family to an unrevealed location (surprise for the kids still) that has to do with Leis and Luaus! :)

Love is the greatest! It's a blessing to go through life with your best friend by your side. I love you, Tyler!!

1 comment:

natalie said...

i love this post! happy anniversary :)