*

*

Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grampa Mark


Today is my dad's birthday. How old would he be today?.... He was 49 when he passed away in Jan. 2005, would have been 50 that May, so that would make him...57?. Oh, that is sad to think about.

 How different the last 7 years could have been for our family. We miss him.

 Dad was wonderful. A man whose heart was full of love, whose actions were full of kindness, whose words were full of wisdom. He loved his family!

Thank goodness I often feel him near. I know he is close and aware of our experiences and struggles in this life. I believe he pulls for us from the other side. He can see the big picture now, and I sometimes think I hear him whispering to my mind, "love your husband...cherish your sweet babies...don't sweat the small stuff, focus on what really matters."

I know we will see him again and what a happy reunion that will be!! I picture it in heaven, me so excited to finally see him and hug him again after this long wait on earth, and he equally happy to welcome me, but quick to turn and introduce me to all his new friends and our ancestors, and tell me all about what they've been busy doing up there. Time will have passed much faster for him than for us.

That's the way it's going to be. Life is life, "we all get our ticket punched", as he would say about his terminal diagnosis. And thankfully, heaven will be heaven, where we will all be together again forever!

 Happy Birthday Dad. We love you!

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

I feel so lucky to have know your dad. What a wonderful man. Thanks for sharing this post! Love you.