*

*

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Luke is 10!





Luke is 10! A decade now I've been his mother. How awesome is that? He is a gift!! My life is at least 10 times better because he is in it. It will be 20 times better when he is 20 and 100 times better when he is 100 and I can see the life he led and all the little Luke posterity we've got running around. I do look     forward to watching what this boy does with his years on earth. He's got it.

Luke is not the average 10 year old boy. He has a smart, smart mind and a strong, righteous spirit. He wants to do good. He loves to earn praise and he loves to help out.  Luke has charisma! He makes friends easily and people are drawn to him because of his great smile, fun sense-of-humor and great laugh. 

He impresses me with his neatness, his awareness of other peoples' needs and his attentiveness to his baby sister. Those two have a special bond. But man, he is a good brother to Ashley and Jake too. Such a great son to have as the oldest in our family.

Luke loves to have fun! He is playing flag-football this fall and having a sports birthday party this year in the church gym. Sports are his favorite. He plays baseball and swims and enjoys scouts, piano, writing, math, reading and playing board/card games - and winning. He does like to win!

Luke is special. People, teachers, relatives see something special in him and they tell me all the time. And if I'm being honest, I can't take much credit for him since Luke came this way. He is a special boy dropped from heaven. We love you Luke!!  Happy Birthday, son.

(This post is 3 weeks early because I wanted it to be included in his blog book b-day gift - 1st decade of life). Yes, his birthday is September 8th. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my! I love reading your posts! You are such a good writer and peg all the feelings I have been having! Totally tearing up reading this-the kids start school Monday and for some reason I am having a rough time! I know by Tuesday I will be all good though! I have some much to live up to-you are a wonderful mom!
Love you tons! h

shauna said...

this is an incredible post. Wow oh wow is all I can say. All true about Luke the amazing