*

*

Thursday, August 30, 2012

pool party at my place.

Hey just wanted to show ya'll who came a swimming last night - and couldn't get out!  A SKUNK! 
I had friends over this morning and one of the little girls came in the house asking us mommies why there was a skunk in the pool. Of course, we didn't hear her (listen) until the 3rd time she asked. Then we were horrified to see it!  The baby must have fallen in last night, swam over to the top stair and couldn't get out! He was shivering like crazy. I didn't know what to do and was highly distressed both at the thought of him dying/drowning and having a freaking SKUNK IN MY POOL so I did what any woman would do. I ran out front to flag down the first male I saw! It happened to be a landscaping crew working on my neighbors yard who came, lifted him out and dropped him gently over the fence, back to freedom. I'd worry about hypothermia except it is 105 degrees outside so I think he'll warm up pretty quick. And no one was hurt/sprayed. So now we know we have skunks roaming the neighborhood while we sleep. Lovely.

Poolman has been notified and is coming to shock the pool with chlorine. Gross.

Anyone up for a pool party/swim lessons at my house anymore?!


No comments: