*

*

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas of 2013, our two week vacation and everyone growing up

It's been a big few weeks for everyone I know with the holidays. They're almost a blur except that we had so much fun I remember a lot! After Thanksgiving came the boys' triathlon which set off the Christmas chaos with a bang.

Busy Saturdays bustling around with the family stopping to shop here and there; putting up Christmas lights, timers; trying to capture a cute group photo for a Christmas card. It's always something this time of year. School parties; teacher gifts; to-do lists; amazon order after amazon order; cookies and sweets; beautiful Arizona weather which means park days; Costco trips; non-stop Christmas music on 99.9fm and night-time drives through the neighborhood to look at lights.

On December 19th we loaded up the van and went North. I'll spare myself the details since there are more than can be written and well lets just say it was a constant party. Cousins were in heaven. Hillsteads house was packed. Shauna had it decorated to the T. My side of the family was also in town and we had a wonderful Christmas eve and morning at Grandma Goesch's home. There are just so many people to love and celebrate with and so many fun things to do when we are all together! Many of the highlights made instagram - so enough said.

Now we are home. The kids are back to school and I have been digging out from under piles of suitcases, Christmas gifts and decorations still up. You'd think I could knock that out in a day or two but with my sweet helpers (hard to believe sometimes that I'm back to having two little ones at home all day) I mostly walk around in circles wondering where and how to begin. Claire's got something going where she says "I want to hold you" a lot now. I sit and hold her waiting for her to get enough and want down but it doesn't happen! This is a new development with her, Miss Clingy?

Michael thank goodness IS an old-soul. He knows the goings-on of the home and times his naps and feedings just delightfully for me. Continues to sleep well despite a cold and is truly just a bundle of love. Gives gives gives and rarely takes.  The perfect 5th child.

I'm tired now. Good night.






































































No comments: