*

*

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Half way around the world!

I think it is now safe to share - now that he is on his way home- that my husband has been half way around the world all week! He left on Monday for INDIA!! His company is auditing a company that outsources to India and he needed to go there to check things out... what that really means I don't exactly know!

He did fly first class... and said it was one of the most amazing experiences of his life. The flight was 14 hours long, out of Chicago but he ate well, slept well in a seat that reclined into a twin bed, and was well entertained! He has his own TV with all sorts of TV shows and movies not yet on DVD available. When he arrived at the hotel there it was so nice it was equiped with a Brookstone massaging recliner. And I was feeling bad for him having to go?!

Having him so far away has definately been weird. They are 12.5 hours ahead of us so we have only been able to talk 2 times a day for a short while, right when I am starting my day and he is getting in bed and visa versa. I will feel great to have his sweet self home tomorrow!

As for the homefront we have been plugging along. If is it not one thing with these kids it is another.... and I just try to keep up and keep perspective. This morning I seriously thought to myself...."take it one hour at a time! You can survive this hour!" Jake has been throwing up on and off since Sat night and I woke up to a messy bed again, had to pull the sheets and deal with a fussy, sad, cold baby-- while getting Luke out the door by 8:00. Talk about your rude awakening!

Tonight I am having a Christmas party with all the YW leaders I worked with for the last 2 years. I am looking forward to it and it is fun to get ready for. Anyway.. . that is it for today!

1 comment:

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

well we take one hour at a time together anne:) i know when i put those pictures up, i knew you would think that! don't worry we will all be together soon enough!!!! yeah for christmas!