*

*

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Anyone Feeling FAT?

Join Me! I decided recently that I am going to start a new exercise program and tried it for the first time today. It is simple in theory, made for moms who can't leave kids easily and done in a very short time. We'll see how it goes.

I bought myself a jump rope. I'm doing 500 jumps a day, ideally in 100 increments (or less as I found was necessary this morning!) and then doing 200 sit-ups a day on my new big exercise ball! That's it.

I haven't worked out in about a year so this morning was pretty funny, but I do feel SO much better than I did just before that when I had two otis spunkmire cookies for dessert after breakfast.

Told Ty that he should expect me to do all 500 in a ROW by my birthday in March, and we will think back on this day when I about lost my life on the basement floor.

Anyone else want to try this? I'm sure it will tone our bodies into an unrecognizable condition in no time.

Anne

6 comments:

Jill said...

You go GIRL!!! I will step up to the challenge. You know me. I just put Hannah to bed for the night and grabbed my tennis shoes and jump rope. 500 jumps before bed. Might not make it. But I will do it tomarrow for sure. Miss ya, but looks like a great time in the snow.

DeeDee said...

love the pic updates. looks like you guys are having a great time with the fam. did you get my phone message? we just got in from seattle last night and i hit the gym this morning for my first post-holiday workout. wow! a few too many truffles! love you!

JS said...

I'm in!

chloe said...

Super cute background!!! Where did you find it!

Anonymous said...

From a girl in Connecticut who wants to get fit again and be able to get in a bathing suit for her trip to Aruba on March 1st - count me in via the web.

500? Not sure if I can do it, but I'll try tonight. And I'm going to challenge anyone else to add push ups to the workout. The girly ones you do on your knees. Let's say 50 to start - in increments (sp?) of course.

Alli grins said...

Great blog Anne! After talking with you @ church today, I took a peek at your blog. You have such a great family! It was fun to see your pictures and learn a bit about you. I can't believe your look-alike meter was 50-50 for 2 kids. Fun stuff!