*

*

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My latest project (call me crazy)

Ever since we moved into this house I've had a vision of a beautiful, red china hutch against the wall by our kitchen table. It's been almost five years and I am finally making my dream a reality! And the price was RIGHT. We were given this hutch for free, and I have had so much fun taking the liberty of sanding it, priming it and painting it red! Today, even though it is not complete, I had to bring it in (thanks to Lukey for the pushing help) and set it all up just to see how it is going to look!

Yay! I am so happy. I figure I'd better leave it for a week or so because I am kind-of getting sick of looking at it (which leads to slopping painting on my part). So next week I plan to spray on the final coat, put the glass panes and hardward back on, and fill it up with the dishes that have been hidden in cupboards for too long.

Ali has been with me in thought through this process and I wanted to share these pictures with her tonight.

Now, to go scrub the red paint off my cheek, elbow and knees.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne i am so proud of you! I have such crafty sisters! Where did we get it from? it is perfect for your house and kitchen and it is a SERIOUS project. i love it!
-Maddie

Unknown said...

love it sis. wish i could have been there to help luke push!

Kyle said...

LOVE IT!

Jana said...

How amazing are you?! I can't believe you did that all by yourself. Isn't it cool what skills come out when you get a bug up your bum? :-) Good work lady. PS...I put up some new posts for you. Love ya