*

*

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday Baking - Hillstead Style


On Sunday we spent the afternoon in the kitchen, playing Christmas music and cooking! In the end we had made lasagna, rolls, pumpkin cookies and sugar cookies. The place was a mess but it was fun!! Afterward I laughed to myself because I had recently seen a friend's blog of their sugar cookie decorating event and it was a far cry from mine... her sprinkles beautifully placed in small glass bowls tied with Christmas ribbons... ours wasn't quite that well put together. But it counts.

I do have two recipies that I thought I could share that are really good and easy, in case you've got somewhere to go and want to bring a quick treat.

Pumpkin Cookies with Chocolate Chips:
1 box white cake mix
1 box spice cake mix
1 large can pumpkin
2 cups (or however much you like) chocolate chips.

Mix the ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixure. Spoon onto cooking sheet in the size of a ping-pong ball (don't spray pan), bake on 375 for 8-10 mins. Makes 4 dozen.

Mint Brownies:
2 packages Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, made as they tell you to (the big box at Costco has 6 bags in it).
1 box of I think 24 Andes Mints, unwrapped and placed on top of the brownies right when they come out of the oven. Let them melt a bit and spread them around. Rich and Divine!




No comments: