*

*

Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Bread, bread, bread, bread, bread."

This weekend before we took off on my mom she taught me how to make this bread that uses no eggs or oil, just Soy Lecithin. I guess it is the big rage up in Utah right now because it is so good for food storage reasons (lecithin has a 5 years shelf life) so she brought me all the stuff I needed to get started and we had fun playing around with the recipies. The creator's blogsite is www.howtomakebread.blogspot.com But anyway, we ate our weight in bread the past four days; cinnamon braids, rolls, garlic breadsticks, wheat bread, jelly rolls, etc. I feel like the pillsbury dough-boy. But I appreciate having this knowledge because you can make white or wheat bread with it and so many good treats.







P.S. There's a story that goes behind the title of this post. When we were dating Tyler had a very large roommate who was a food science major who LOVED food. Almost everyday he made bread in his bread machine and when the little bell would go off indicating that the bread was ready he would jump up and, in a very womanly way, say "bread bread bread bread bread!" It was too much. And, he never shared.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

had to chuckle as soon as I saw the title to this post! haha

kendall said...

great times! wish i would have brought some of that bread back home with me! it was soo good even better than pizza hut breadsticks that i love so much!

Lisa said...

thanks for this post. my kids and i are allergic to milk and the bread i've been making calls for dough enhancer which is mostly whey. needless to say, without the dough enhancer it isn't the greatest! I'll go buy some soy lecithin and give this a whirl!
I love your beautiful mom. I got to see her at wendy's dad's funeral. And the prego Alli!