*

*

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rough Weekend

This weekend was rough. We started out with big plans to go to the gym Saturday morning, go on a little family hike that night and then watch the Cardinals win the Superbowl on Sunday. However, when I woke up Saturday morning and dedided to make some new egg omlette things that I'd been craving, I blew it. I put a metal handled pan in the oven to bake the eggs, pulled it out after twenty minutes and then absent mindedly went to move it with my bare hand just seconds later and I BURNED MY HAND SO BAD!!

I have burned my hand many times before, ran it under cold water and moved on. But this was different. It hurt SO bad!! It stung and stung and stung. I got blisters down the middle of my hand, on the inside part of my fingers and on the tip of my middle finger. And when I took my hand off ice it heated right back up into a painful burn again - for the whole day! No fun.

The way I descibed it to people was that my hand felt like it does when you spread Elmer's glue on your hand and let it dry (tight and weird) but like the Elmers glue was acid or something just stung the skin all day. It was bad. The omlettes weren't worth it.

We skipped the gym, skipped the hike. I ended up on some pain killers and with a nap. Sunday the Cardinals lost in a sad and heartbreaking way. And I ended that night by pulling a tupperware of taco salad out of the fridge, the lid popped off and the salad sprayed all over the kitchen (floor, fridge, walls). Not the best of weekends, but we're over it and my hand it fine now. You win some, you lose some. That's my new motto.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I knew I needed to check up on you! Hope you're week's off to a better start.

Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Sorry! I should have offered some help, but I didn't know you were suffering so!

natalie said...

well i'm glad the burned hand is in the past. what a bum deal for your saturday. it was great to talk to you for a few moments--looking forward to hanging with you guys in april! love you all..
nat

Everyday Moments said...

You could have called your V.T.!!!

Glad your doing better.