*

*

Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Happy Birthday

I turned 29 this week and had a great birthday!

My celebrations began Tuesday night when my dear friend Jilly took me out for the night. Her sweet daughter Katie took my kids until Tyler could get home for them, and our night was a joy! We went to dinner at a great new place (for me) called Pita Jungle. It wasn't anything like I expected and delicious! Then we went and did a little bargain shopping and to the movies!! I am so thankful to have a good friend like Jill who is supportive in so many ways! THANK YOU JILL, I HAD A GREAT TIME!!


On Wednesday my sister Maddie arrived for a visit and brought a lot of freshness and fun into the whole week for me! We went to the zoo, to lunch and for pedicures on my birthday, out to eat at Pita Jungle and IN and OUT and Logan's Roadhouse and Sonic.. eeww - AND to the gym for a cycling class (it's not all input!). Yesterday she helped me clean our new house (we move in two weeks) and she has just been SO FUN to have around!! It really makes me wish I had a sister or MOM close!! But we've already beat that dead horse.



Of course my kids and Tyler remembered my birthday too. Ty made waffles in the morning, got me some new running shoes, and took me out kitchen table shopping and to PF Changs. And the kids hooked me up with a clearance box of Valentine's chocolates. Wow! All in all, I felt very grateful for so much love in my life.



The pretty jewelry Shauna sent me... I've worn it all week.

Modeling the new apron my mom made me!

I think I received more fun mail and phone calls this week than I do the rest of the year combined. Which reminds me, I want to share that my adorable father-in-law Steve called to wish me a happy birthday from the Joseph Smith Memorial building in Salt Lake (where he volunteers time playing the piano) and serenaded me "Happy Birthday to you", and "Forever my love"!! I put the phone on speaker and Maddie and I were dying, it was very cute.

5 comments:

Jill said...

You are loved! It is easy to love a person like you. You are so much fun and lighten everyone life. I am glad you moved to AZ and moved in my ward. I love being your friend. Happy 28th you young woman!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday (belated!) So much yummy food! I, too, was surprised by Pita Jungle...not at all what I thought it was! That apron is soo cute!!

JS said...

Happy Birthday! I have been to Pita Jungle! I ate their with my sis in law who lives in Tempe. So cool! I loved it!

Blake Hillstead said...

Looks like you were SPOILED this birthday! Good for you. Sounds like you had a great day! A

jhoopes said...

Happy birthday Anne! Looks like it was so much fun. That apron your mom made you is so cute!