*

*

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ali's Shower and our Girls' Trip!

This weekend my mom flew me and Ali to Salt Lake so that our families could have a baby shower for her. It ended up being weird timing with the close of our house, but I pried myself away from all the work and chaos and went. Shauna picked me up at the airport and we went to lunch, shopping and got ready for the shower. I am so lucky to have such a sweet mother-in-law!




Heidi came over early and I was happy to see her. She looked beautiful and her baby is due in only two weeks!! Ali and my mom and sisters arrived later, along with many of our other Mugleston and Hillstead family members and friends. It was a wonderful shower and she received many cute PINK things! Aren't she and Heidi so cute prego?! And Todd and Natalie's baby to DIE FOR?!







So the shower was Friday night and on Saturday we woke up bright and early and set out for Las Vegas. We planned to stay at the Mirage, and our goal (more theirs than mine) was to find some SUN and WARMTH by the pool! It was so much fun driving over together and cracking up at each other! Our road trip even included a ticket for mom... which she managed to get just about an hour and a half into the drive. Classic!



So we did lay by the pool a lot, we ate at the Paris Hotel, and road the NY, NY roller coaster (not ali or mom). We shopped at the outlets, walked through the Venician to see the Gondolas, ate twice at California Pizza Kitchen and I will admit, gambled and LOST $22 in blackjack. (as indicated in the picture below - those machines are RIGGED)

I think my mom had fun and truly enjoyed her 50th birthday celebration with her girls. We are SO, SO lucky to have her, she is the rock of our family.. the glue that holds us all together. She is an incredible woman, whom I look up to in so many ways. Plus, she is fun! And it was another great trip for the family history books.











P.S. I couldn't have gotten away without some serious help on the part of Tyler, of course, who was an angel to send me on my way, and my friends Wendy and Jill and babysitters Heather and Bailey... I feel like this is the Grammys ... but it is true. THANK YOU ALL!!!

7 comments:

Melissa Moore said...

What a group of beautiful women!!! It looks like you had a great time.

DeeDee said...

fab trip anne. what a year for you! love ya.

Unknown said...

So random! I found your blog thru my friend Laura Denny. This is Tanya Fetui- Tolman! Jessica is going to love to hear about you...maybe you already talk with her?? Anyway, you have a gorgeous family and look so happy! Tell your mom hello from the Fetui girls. Tell Ty I said hello.

Lots of love, Tanya

Jill said...

You know me, I don't babysit for just anyone. So must be on my good list of friends! I am glad you had a blast. You have such a fun family.

jhoopes said...

What a fun trip! You, your sisters, your mom--all adorable!!

RegaNater said...

Hey!
How are you?
You and your sisters are adorable. What a fun trip! How's the new pad? I never got to see you at church before you left, but I hope your doing well and that we can still get together sometime.

Regan

Wendy said...

I am so glad that you got a weekend with your mom and sisters. I would do anything to enable someone to get together with the family - especially sisters. No one will ever replace them in your heart! Glad you had a great time! It's fun to see how much they've changed in the short time I've known them.