*

*

Monday, March 23, 2009

Ooops I did it again...



After I re-did my big red hutch I swore myself off of refinishing furniture. But this week I was at Savers and found this desk for Ashley's room for $12 and couldn't resist. Comparatively speaking this was easy and Ashley is happy even though she really wants it painted "colorful stripes". I did the little pedestal legs pink to coordinate with the hardware but I don't know if looks dumb or not. What do you all think (if you think I should do them white be honest, it's just another can of paint). I am liking that fact that I got her a new desk for so cheap and the beauty of this furniture is that she can color on it, ding it up, etc and I lose no hair.




p.s. I just spoke with my mom and sisters about it and they said I should do the legs white and find a cute chair to paint pink. Brilliant, I like that idea. Time to head back to Savers I guess! :)

7 comments:

Ali said...

ouch. guess my idea got ousted. i agree though, the pink chair will be cute! good luck finding one!

Lynnae said...

It turned out cute. A pink chair would be adorable.

Everyday Moments said...

I love it. It's perfect for Ashley. I'm even picturing cute crystal knobs?

Thank goodness for spray paint!

Anne said...

Best desk I ever saw. I love the colors and the decor. Couldn't have picked a better one myself.

The Dad

Ali Hawkins said...

I love it! It is so adorable!

Cheryl said...

I was going to say to white too. but either way... it was only $12 so if she really loves it that way... you can always re paint it later. The pink chair idea is great though! Love it! thumbs up with the before and after pics.

Alli grins said...

Wow! I'm giving this refinish a big thumbs up! I like the one pink leg and the pink handles.

I don't know how you do it. Are you gearing up to move next week? I hope it all goes smoothly for you but I'm really sad you're moving out of the ward. We will really miss your family!

So, in case you are bored (ha!) I tagged you on my "OH NO" post on my blog. Take a peek for the details! Should be fun to see everyone's pictures.