*

*

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I covered my swing.

We bought this swing seven years ago. It has been well enjoyed and kissed by the sun. But it was ugly. I didn't want to throw it away because it is functionally great, so I decided to recover it. At Joann's outdoor fabric is $16.99 a yard. I found this fabric at walmart for $3.79 and I freakin covered this thing by myself. I couldn't believe I did it, and I think it looks pretty dang good (if I do say so myself!). Total patio facelift!
The "before" with the "after"
Dealt with the hardware taking it apart and putting it all back together
Made pockets similar to pillow cases and then hand sewed them on tight and shut
Ta Da!
Doesn't it look much more inviting?!

3 comments:

T and A said...

way to go... it looks great!

DeeDee said...

Seriously impressed!

kendall said...

anne, i have looked at that swing wondering how to re cover it for two years.. you are amazing..it looks brand new! what a face lift.. and you even centered the print on the cushions.. very impressive!