*

*

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A grey, wet and windy week

This week has been unusual weather-wise. It has been cloudy and rainy almost all day everyday. I am having flashbacks to living in Seattle - and honestly I don't know how I did it. When I wake up to cold and grey I want to stay inside in my warm, comfortable clothes and frankly, eat good, warm food (like hot cocoa or the chocolate chip cookies I made today!). It is fun to have this weather because I know it won't last and we get it so rarely - but I took pictures of how dark the house has been mid-day and of the yard. Our pool is really full! And all of the grassy areas in the neighborhood have become lakes.







Maybe tonight Ty and I should take the kids out for a memorable night of playing in the swamplands.

4 comments:

Ali said...

ahhh the sights of home. at least your home isn't covered by moss and at least you didn't spend 15 minutes in the isle at Home Depot debating if it's worth it to spend $18 on moss killer. (which I didn't buy). That sky does look depressing though...I can see why you were in your jammies all day!

Shauna Hillstead said...

I can't believe it's Arizona and how dark and gloomy everything looks. It looks this grim in sandy right now plus we have the bad air. You are right -- it's just feels good to stay in pj's all day and eat cookies.

natalie said...

you are such a good mom. :) luke's glasses look so cute. tell him he looks like a stud!

Ali Hawkins said...

Welcome to my world. But you already know that. I think the hardest part is to get motivated to get dressed and not eat all day.It is funny when the sun does come out you see how dusty and dirty the house really is, you just can't see it when it is so dark. We always do a good cleaning job on sunny days.