*

*

Thursday, January 21, 2010

MLK Jr. day

I realized Saturday that the kids didn't have school Monday. We woke up to rain and wind and so I decided to make it a really chill day. We stayed in our pjs until noon and I pulled out some painting projects for them. All of us need days like this once in a while. I took them for lunch at Barros pizza - and we missed Tyler a lot when we saw some of the daddies that were lucky enough to be home too that day. Tyler is such a hard worker! I talked to the kids a little bit about who Martin Luther King Jr. was and what our country has been through in regards to civil rights. Luke added to the conversation by stating that "whenever I see a black man with a tatoo that means he is strong."





I love all the treasures that the kids painted for me. Especially the flower pot that Ashley said I could put in the window and the big red heart that I found tucked under my pillow that night. An early Valentine from Luke. They are so sweet.

No comments: