*

*

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jilly.

My wonderful friend Jill turned, I'll say it, 38 on Sunday! She is the closest thing to a sister that I have here in this sunny state of Arizona - and a real blessing in my life. Seeing as she is, I'll say it, 8 years older than me, she has taught me so much in the 6ish years we've been friends! Here's a list of the top 10 things I've learned from her - off the top of my head:

1- How make window treatments and decorate the house - the no-stress way
2- How to bake bread and make cinnamon rolls
3 - How to alter pants so that they stay up on little waists
4- How to gather food storage and use it
5- How to use a pressure cooker to cook chicken from frozen to shredable in 12 minutes
6- How to dress so that I feel good about myself everyday (see the book, "Dressing Your Truth)
7- How to shop consignment - with Pride.
8- How to eat right and exercise more (I gave her the idea to jump rope and stuck with it for two months, she has been doing it for two years now).
9- How to love your man and take good care of him
10- How to be a wonderful friend!

We had her family over for FHE last night and enjoyed playing games and sharing dessert. It was fun.


My rockstar.


2 comments:

Jill said...

I love you, you are a treasure! I treasure our friendship. Thank you for all the kinds words. Yes, I know I am getting up in age, 38 But 38 has never felt so young!

Jill said...

Grant is a crack up. A little off key if you ask me.