*

*

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Queen of Hearts

Ashley is such a girl! Yesterday she came home from school bursting with excitement about today being the class Valentine's Day party! She wanted to lay out a cute Valentine's outfit - and then decided that she wanted to go get a special Valentine's shirt! I had her work all afternoon cleaning the basement with me and then she and I took off to Target for a Valentine's candy and shirt run.

Low and behold I woke up with the sun and my daughter who was in underpants at my bedside, anxious to get dressed and ready to go!! Oh, the simple pleasures of life for a six year old little girl (I was/am just like her!).

So we primped her all up and she called herself the "queen of hearts" in the mirror. I loved it.



The boys of course are boys. Hadn't thought but a minute about Valentine's day when they filled out their cards. But they sure are cute. XO XO XO. We love Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

natalie said...

so darling! wow your kids are absolutely adorable and growing up too quickly!! little jake is looking like a little man to me :) luke is the ultimate stud and ashley is beautiful. happy valentines to you guys :)

Ali said...

ashley is to die for! that outfit is adorable! are those pierced ears?!?! boys will be boys, i guess :)

shauna said...

The pictures of Ashley just melt my heart --- she is amazing in red -- she couldn't get any cuter in that outfit. You need to enter that picture into some contest!!Luke looks so spiffy and Jake is adorable as usual. Just a little over a week and the grandma's are coming!! Heaven!