*

*

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Some Days

Some friends and family have been accusing me of covering my belly in every picture by pulling my kids infront of me. And they want to see my progress. So to them I say, you want a picture of my belly - you got it. A shameless, from below, in my swimsuit, picture of my body at 16 weeks.

In other news, WHY DO THE PICTURES ON THE BOX OF THE EASY BAKE OVEN LOOK SO BLASTED FANTASTIC WHEN REALLY WHAT COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IS A HARD, HALF-BURNED, GROSS TASTING, TINY, REMNANT OF A COOKIE THAT TAKES 10 MINUTES TO BAKE - A SINGLE ONE?!

All I have been hearing from Ashley this week is how much she wants an easy bake oven. Rather than buy one I sent a request out to our neighborhood email group and was offered proabably ten of them to borrow (smartest thing I've done all day). So we ventured to Target this morning to buy a couple food packages and I've honestly never seen Luke and Ashley so into something. They were planning their new bakery game, who was going to make the signs for their shop, who got to cook the food on which days of the weeks.... I just listened.

When we got home all three kids started talking to me at once about how it was supposed to go and what we were supposed to do and what each other was and wasn't supposed to be touching... it was intense.

I put three bowls out and let each one mix something and then explained that we could only bake one thing at a time and each thing takes 10 minutes. That's a really long time if you ask them.

Upon getting the first cookie out Luke went to hold the pan with his fingers and burned them. He was so embarrassed he went to the bathroom to get cold water, but came out in tears. Typical Ashley took one tiny bite of her cookie brick and said she was finished - but then Jake came along and seemed to really enjoy it.

Our third cookie is now baking and we've only been at this for over an hour. Luke's probably done with easy bake cooking for life (now sitting on the couch holding ice on his hand), Ashley's lost interest in the process, and Jake is begging for cookies at a faster rate....

It's been exhausting.

And did I mention that EACH cookie packet is 6.99 at target? So I dropped 14 bucks on the stuff this morning. And now I have the kitchen to clean up.

Summer fun. You really ought to try easy bake.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Oh ya BABY! Now that's what I'm talking about. Thanks for indulging me with your progress. :-) I can't wait to hear what you're having! Either way, this little babe couldn't be anymore loved!

natalie said...

great story. so classic :) and you look great! and you are one brave woman to put yourself out there like that. :) I can't wait for friday! I hit third trimester on sunday and can't believe how the time has flown!! and I found out from shauna today that you guys are coming in for the 4th. hooray! we can't wait to see you guys and hang out. party.

Anonymous said...

hahahah anne i am laughing out loud. that story is hilarious. easy bake ovens ARE cool -- but so ghetto! wow & poor luke!

kendall said...

classic story of all your personalities. You're a great story teller.. can't wait to see you soon.. Love mom

Kyle said...

I feel the same way about the "easy bake oven"...I would rather just use the real oven to cook with my kids...way yummier :)