*

*

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tired?!

So we all have pictures of our precious little children sleeping. In their cribs, mommy's bed, car seats, even in their high chairs. But how many of us champion mother's can say we have a picture of our child asleep in the -- SHOWER?!

This was taken at the beach house after a long, long day playing in the sand and the surf. Towards the afternoon Jake finally began asking to go home and along the walk back he stumbled in his towel and collapsed in the warm sand and just laid there. We knew he was tired. But nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when I went to check on him five minutes into his shower!

At first I thought he was dead - and then I realized he was sound asleep! I called for everyone in the house to come see and we all chuckled quietly and couldn't believe our eyes!

Dangerous, yes. Funny, yes. Will it ever happen again, I seriously doubt it. My child fell asleep in the shower. Wow.


(I wish I would have thrown a little washcloth over his bum before taking this, but my blog is private so I feel okay about documenting this memory, despite the rear view.)

4 comments:

alison huston said...

That is one TIRED little boy. It would have scared the day lights out of me to walk in and see my kid like that. That is amazing. He and Conner need to hang out and maybe Jake could teach Conner how to sleep without his crib, blanket, blacked out room and fan on?

natalie said...

killer!!! i love it :)

Our Family said...

This is hilarious. Were you freaked out seeing him lying there like that? Funny!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

That just made me laugh so hard. That is a classic picture!