*

*

Saturday, March 19, 2011

31 and going strong

Todays my birthday. 31 years - I'm thirty something - so weird.

I write from Waikiki. We have been enjoying a wonderful family vacation with all my sisters and mom, brother in law and little nieces. I have everything to be grateful for this week.

Woke up this morning with sweet Claire and Ty by my side. The others already awake and quietly playing with the ipod in a corner of the hotel room. Got on the treadmill and had a good run, then loaded up with the crew to go to Hunauma Bay for snorkling. Its been a sunny, rainy, warm and humid day... a little of everything. And I just squeezed in a nap - alone. A gift.

I didn't want the day to pass without an entry in my blog/journal about this day. Another year's gone by... so fast. Last year was my 30th when all my girls flew into town to surprise me. Shauna, Natalie, Katie, Ali, Mom, Shelly, Maddie. I had just taken a pregnancy test and little Claire was the size of a pea. I remember that, and was just starting to feel queasy.

Its been a sweet year. So full of blessings and joys - and plenty of hard work to go along with them.

ALOHA.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Loved this little recollection post. That trip last year for your bday was a blast! Hope Hawaii was amazing. Can't wait to see pics! When are you guys coming to Utah again?? I heard something about the 24th of July??? Hope so!!