*

*

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jake the man


I want to put a word in about Jake as lately he has been making remarkable strides in life! In May Tyler and I decided that we will start him in Kindergarten this fall. We want him to be grouped in close to Ashley and Luke throughout school, as the three of them are awesome for each other. Since then we have been talking to Jake a lot about next year, going to Cortina with the big kids and about behavior that is expected when you're a kindergartner (like wiping your own bottom, not coloring on your body, those types of things.) He's soaking it all in like a sponge. And he is stepping up to the plate. The other day I complimented him on his obedience and said, "wow, Jake!" You're really listening to mommy well today and setting a good example for luke and ashley!" He looked at me with a new face of confidence and said, "yeah, cause remember, I'm getting ready for Cortina!?" I loved it. He is such a good boy. A curious, active, funny boy by nature. But so sweet and loving and good-hearted. Much like his name-sake, my dad, Mark.

No comments: