*

*

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Creativity

Yesterday after leaving the kids with a sitter for a few hours it was clear they needed some mental and physical stimulation when I got home. I took them out to the pool where they continued pestering each other, so I got creative. I told Luke he could get out and collapse the plastic table we had on the patio to see if he could use it as a surf board. He loved the idea. The project kept him busy for a half hour pulling, pushing and climbing on top of the heavy awkward thing. He reminded me of a polar bear at the zoo, wrestling with a large plastic barrel or something that his keepers had given him for the same purpose: to stimulate his mind and tired his muscles!
Finally the idea came to all the kids to turn the table into a water slide. After many more minutes and failed attempts Luke was exhausted. But they had come up with a solution that thrilled them! I had watched the entire thing and was thoroughly amused. Not half bad I don't think, as long as the table legs don't give out. ;)




(of course Luke didn't want to slide, he chose to use it as a slippery launching pad...always taking it to the next level.)

No comments: