*

*

Sunday, October 9, 2011

11 month old little sugar

This is the first month I haven't remembered to post right on Claire's month birthday... it was quite a day. But Claire is now 11 months! Three weeks away from ONE YEAR OLD. Are you kidding me? She is precious beyond words and a gift to our family every day. Yesterday you would have thought my three boys (Luke, Jake and Tyler) were arguing over who could open a big Christmas present first, but it was actually just an argument about who got to go in to get Claire up from her nap. They all wanted in first. That baby is loved!!

I took a bunch of pictures of her in her high chair the morning of her 11 months. So fun.






Unfortunately, here she was just a few hours later:

On an ambulance, having fallen out of my laundry room sink. Thank heavens she is fine, but it was so scary. I'd been folding laundry by the dryer and she crawled in to me. I had a couple more things to fold so I sat her in my empty, deep laundry room sink with a few toys to play for a couple minutes. Soon she pulled up to stand and before I knew it, leaned forward and tumbled out onto her head. I rushed her into urgent care and they took us in to the hospital for an x-ray and CT scan. Everything came out okay and she is perfectly fine again. But man, what a horrible day, and what a lesson I learned (or was re-taught) about watching these kids like a hawk and being SO careful with them. They are so precious.

So we have been extra cautious with and extra grateful for Claire's health and happiness this week. She gets busier every day (and that's part of my learning curve, remembering what it's like to have a curious pre-toddler) and she is so cute!
Happy 11 months, baby girl!

No comments: