*

*

Friday, October 21, 2011

No pics, just words

I haven't taken many pictures this week, so none to share. But I have some things to say.

#1- I am going to California next Monday to visit my BFFs from high school. One lives there and one is flying in from Seattle and I absolutely cannot wait to spend time with them! It is going to be a treat!

#2- My sweet darling Claire was originally going to come with me on my trip but I have lovingly uninvited her. She will be one year old soon and is no longer such a mild little thing. She has developed an age appropriate opinion and a bit of an attitude to get it across....so restaurants, movie theaters, adult conversations...things of that sort aren't her cup of tea.
She gets to stay here with grandma and daddy and the other kids, and I will have my longest time away from her...I know I'll miss her and would love to show her off, but it's for the best! ;)

#3- Monday night at dinner I about jumped out the kitchen window. I made delicious enchiladas which my kids hated and refused. I was frustrated at their pinky-ness after putting effort into dinner and always hearing, "Ugh...umm..what is this?" Tyler wisely inquired about the amount of snacking that was happening after school. He glanced into the pantry and noticed a grand variety of delicious kid foods and said, "Anne, I hate to say this but I think you're shooting yourself in the foot." He was right. There is no lock on the pantry and these kids are not babies, they can get food themselves and they DO! So, when everyone scattered after we ate (I force fed them!) I got a big storage container and raided the pantry. All that's left on the shelves now: oatmeal, rice crispies, and dinner making stuff. All week I have been controlling and monitoring so much better what and when they are eating and IT'S WORKING! The last two nights they have actually said things like "that's smells so good!" and eaten without a fight. Can I get a BOO-YA?! I owe the light bulb moment all to daddy.

#4- I had co-op here this afternoon and babysat eight 3-5 year olds. They were cute. At one point we played an "act like you're an animal" game. I'd throw out an animal name and they'd bounce or crawl or slither around the room. One of the little boys suggested "scorpion!" and I thought "only in Arizona"....and then we I saw all these little kids crawling around with one leg bent up with their foot by their bottom, flipping it back and forth to sting each other!, I thought "this is crazy! Definitely only an animal kids would play in Arizona!" Another funny moment came when I eaves dropped on two kids playing house and a 3 year old girl said to the boy, "just text my mom! Did you text my mom?!" It is amazing what little sponges children are!

So that's all. Ali is having a haunted-ginger-bread-house-making party tonight, we are excited to go. I'm sure it will be darling and the food will be delicious. I'm hungry! (and so are my kids!) ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Jana said...

I LOVE YOU! Can't wait to see you in t-minus two days!