*

*

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Date

Ty and I had our valentine's day date last night. Arizona is celebrating it's 100 year birthday so the Mormon Tabernacle Choir came down from Utah to put on a couple performances. We weren't overly excited about going to see them but thought it would be a neat thing to do since they've only come here one time before - in 1964 or something. And we've ever seen them sing in real life before. I had to laugh part way through the night. Mormons can be so dry! We were in the gigantic US Airways Center where the Suns play and it was a little big for the crowd. From our seats in the nosebleeds, we could see nothing, especially since there was nothing to be seen. The MOTAB prides themselves on not moving anything but their jaws I think! so I would close my eyes and listen - and they truly do sounds beautiful. Our favs were the church hymns, patriotic songs and classic American movie songs. Plus, the African sounding song where they actually swayed from side to side and clapped their hands. That really got the audience going! I told Tyler at that point that we may have been in over our heads as far as cultural events go. He began applauding with a gentle clap and "bravo", "splendid!" just to make me laugh.

We had taken the METRO downtown from Tyler's work so we ended up at ASU's Mill Ave afterward for a few minutes. Talk about going from one extreme to another! It was 11pm and the people, the music, the smells, the partying... It was shocking! I was REALLY a fish out of water there! I felt like everyone was looking at us like, you two chipper clean little couple, how was your Mormon choir concert tonight?! ;)

Get me outta there! It was a fun night with Tyler and another good one for the memory books. He is my best friend and Valentine forever.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: