*

*

Friday, January 18, 2008

I wish for a dead dog.

It is now 11:41pm on Friday night. At about 9:40pm Tyler and I turned on the TV and soon realized that our neighbors dog was barking CONSTANTLY and it was very annoying. It has never done this before...but they are new neighbors as of two months ago. I listened to the dog, Tyler soon fell asleep and we ultimately decided to head to bed. Amazingly Tyler konked right out and I laid there getting more and more annoyed, irritated, angry and appalled (can't their hear their stupid dog?!) by the minute! And of course the more I've obsessed over it the more I can't hear anything BUT the dog - even with all the doors shut and the bathroom fan on- but I am too scared to go over there, what if they shoot me (we were watching a murder mystery on court TV - feeling a little spooked) so I just got up and called the cops! I seriously did. They said they'd come out soon. So now I am patiently waiting for the barking to stop (or to hear any action in the front yard) so I can retire to my bed in peace. Can you believe it.

3 comments:

Jill said...

my great friend, you are funny. I noticed the dog barking yesterday afternoon while we were sitting on your back porch letting the kids play. I bet all your neighbors were annoyed at 10pm last night.

J & J said...

you. are. so. freaking. hilarious.

Melissa said...

Good for you! I hate it when people's dogs bark forever. It is EXTREMELY annoying! I've never had the guts to call the police, though.