*

*

Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Solar

Many people are unfamiliar with the company that Tyler has gone to work for and what exactly First Solar is or does. He had me read a couple press releases tonight and I found a good summary paragraph that I wanted to share. I found it informative for me, at least.



About First Solar
First Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq:FSLR) manufactures solar modules with an advanced thin film semiconductor technology and provides comprehensive PV solutions that significantly reduce solar electricity costs. By enabling clean, renewable electricity at competitive prices, First Solar provides an economic and environmentally responsible alternative to existing peaking fossil-fuel electric generation. First Solar PV power plants operate with no water, air emissions or waste stream. First Solar set the benchmark for environmentally responsible product life cycle management by introducing the industry's first comprehensive collection and recycling program for solar modules. From raw material sourcing through end-of-life collection and recycling, First Solar is focused on creating cost-effective renewable energy solutions that protect and enhance the environment.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's so cool! I saw something on PBS about these solar power cells, and I thought, "Why don't we all do that?" I hope soon, we do!

kendall said...

wow, great explanation! good to understand better what first solar is being first at! love you guys kenk