*

*

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Couple things

One - I walked my children out of our first movie yesterday and Ashley called me 'a lame mom'. That's another first, and I'm sure there will be more from where that came. But we had gone to see "Spiderwick Chronicles" and I'M SURE!! A horror movie made for kids is what that is!! I'd had it when the big bad goblin disguised himself like the father of the terrorized children, coming back to rescue them until his eyes went devilish and gremlin parts started popping out of his head! "Grab your shoes, we're leaving" is all I could say to the kids... and they obeyed!! My gosh.

Two- There is this great frozen yogurt shop up on Baseline and Val Vista right next door to Gymboree that is called 'Ocean Blue'. Went there today and it is awesome. Great, healthy style yogurt with good toppings and they just weigh it in the end so it comes out to be a lot better and cheaper than, say, Golden Spoon or Cold Stone. Try it sometime.

7 comments:

The Spence Family said...

I kept meaning to ask you how the movie went. It was scary. I thought the same thing, especially in a big, dark movie theatre. Luke seemed to like it though because he kept talking about it in the car today on the way to swim team.:)

Kyle said...

I took my kids to Ocean Blue on Friday...and they loved it! Did you go to the toy store next store after and let them ride the horse for a dime (and the lady at the cash register gave the kids a dime)?? Lets meet there next week and get ourselves a treat and let the kids play! We could even go to Barnes and Noble...let me know if you want to!

Cheryl said...

1--I was ready to walk out of the movie long before that part. If I didn't have older kids who were enjoying it, we would have. Of course, you only ended up missing about 10 minutes of the movie. Still... not really good for small kids.
2--We love ocean blue! We love to go there after hitting Costa Vita!

The Thompson's said...

I was disappointed with the movie too! Half of our theater left! I remember watching gremlins when I was younger and being scared for weeks! I was older too!

bethiepoos said...

hmmmm.... I don't know if weighing my creation will work in my favor!! (I am pretty greedy)

Ali said...

new header made me laugh. too bad J & K's bad marriage makes them MORE famous!

kendall said...

i didn't read where i got the credit for introducing you to ocean blue... yeah, i know how much you love it since we detoured on the way to the airport just to buy some. i recommend it highly! love mom