*

*

Monday, September 14, 2009

A surprise party for Luke

Tyler and I had a little surprise party for Luke on Saturday. We invited a few of his buddies from school over while he was gone to swimteam. When he got home I shouted for him from the basement to come see what Jacob had done to his room. He ran down the stairs and the boys jumped out from their hiding spots yelling suprise and sang Happy Birthday! The smile on Luke's face was precious, he loved it!

Then we threw everybody in the cars and drove up to Chuck-E-Cheese. We let them play games, have pizza and donut cake (Luke doesn't like cake) and open gifts. It was simple and perfect. Everybody was happy!

I still can't believe my son is seven. Where has the time gone?? I often joke with him about not being allowed to eat any more food or wiggle his lose teeth because he's not allowed to grow up. He likes it when I say that. I'm telling you all now, when his sweet little front-top baby teeth come out it's going to be one sad day for me because that's when you know there's no denying it - you're baby is growing up.






2 comments:

Ali said...

ok, his huge smile is priceless! what cute pictures. looks like the party turned out perfectly. did you get a shot of him when they yelled surprise?? wish i coulda been there!

The Spence Family said...

Cooper had a great time! We were just looking at the pictures of Cooper at Luke's first birthday party. It has gone by way too fast!