*

*

Monday, April 26, 2010

Relay for Life - year 2

Relay was great again this year! Our team is fabulous - a bunch of girls from the ward and lots of fun! Shelly belly flew into town to be a part of it this time around and it was nice to have her. Because of the pregnancy I couldn't stay all night but we lasted until about 11pm and I did go back at 5am if you can believe that!! I felt for those who had been out all night in the wind and cold - they are hard core.

It is wonderful to see Rashelle who was so sick last year on chemo doing so great now. Her cute family walked the survivor lap together and it brought all of us to tears knowing that she is in remission. Yay!

I totally recommend relay to anyone who has been touched by cancer. It is an event that is fun for the whole family!









Remembering grandpa during the luminaria walk.

1 comment:

kendall said...

oh my gosh! you know how to get the tears flowing! Tyler and the feeding tube, then the relay for life..its too much! I gain strength from the two of you.. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Ashley today.. Parenting sometimes is the HARDEST thing we will ever do. i know Ash knows how much she is loved and adored. Stay strong.. i love you, Mom