*

*

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to school!














I say this often, and I shouldn't be surprised anymore about how quickly time flies and the kids grow up, but I can't believe the summer is over and all three kids are back in school. Catch that? All THREE kids are in school. Whoa. This is big this year!

Luke is a 3rd grader in Mrs. Barber's class. Ashley is a 2nd grader in Mrs. Bodnar's class. And Jake is an all-day kindergartener in Mrs. Rackle's class. We met them all last week and feel very lucky. It's going to be a great year!!

On our white board in the kitchen I wrote this week: Back To School! Use your smart minds, Use your kind hearts, Use your talented hands, Use your smiling faces!

As a mom it's bitter sweet sending the kids off after a fun summer. I hope I filled them up with all the love and encouragement and training they need to be happy and successful kids and students away from me. I get sentimental watching them put on their shiny new shoes and fresh backpacks and set off to tackle another year. I feel so happy for them getting back into their schedule and learning and their social little worlds... Chasing boys and girls at recess.

I must confess I'm happy for Claire and me, too! What will we do each day to busy ourselves?

Here's to another great year for all of us!












1 comment:

Jamie said...

How did everyone do on their first day?