*

*

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gone Camping


We went camping with our ward last Friday night. It was great to get up into the mountains where the air was cooler. Everytime I go camping I say, "we should do this more often!" and then we don't. I said it again this year. The kids were in heaven running around with their buddies in the woods. Ty and I relaxed and enjoyed our foil dinners and smores. All went well until Jakey burned his fingers pretty good on someone's lantern. It was high pitched screaming for a while in the dark after that until we got ice and medicine and him settled down. It was sad and he still has blisters on every one of his finger tips (it was actually pretty scary, I felt so unprepared for an emergency in the woods, this week I've made some first-aid updates to our camping gear!). Thankfully everyone, including Jake and Claire, slept well in the tent and our trip was a success. Nothing like coming home with bags of smokey clothes and pillow cases to wash to celebrate a good night spent in the wilderness!




No comments: