*

*

Monday, October 29, 2007

Sweet Kids

Tonight I want to share a few of the things that my kids have said recently that show just how sweet they are! Each day I get to hear and see them in kind acts with me, Tyler and each other. Recently Tyler lost his glasses. He and I were discussing the problem in the car and Ashley was quietly listening in the back seat. After a while she took her finger out of her mouth and softly said: "Daddy, you can borrow my glasses if you want to." He smiled and said he would think about it. We so appreciate her generosity and desire to help.

Later I jokingly asked Luke if he thought his mommy was pretty. He smiled and said, "Very". Then I said, "how pretty?" (have to milk it while I can!) And he thought for a minute and replied: "Prettier than all the jewels". Loved that!

This week Jacob pulled a handful of hair out of Ashley's head. When I saw his fist full of hair I scolded him: "Jacob! No, no that hurts Ashley!" She quickly interupted me, bent her head forward for me to see the top and said "It's OK mommy, I have more!" I couldn't help but laugh at her sweet innocence.

I must also say that Jakey is just sweet all around. He is beginning to talk and show preferences for people and toys. He loves playing outside and everything about being alive! He is pure joy!

6 comments:

chloe said...

And while people may make fun of blogging...it will be so fun to have all of these memories recorded later on, especially for your kids. Such fun stories.

DeeDee said...

Precious!!! Makes me want to have kids... kind of! Ha! I'll just enjoy yours for now!

Jill said...

Love to hear the sweet stories. That is why the Lord tells us we need to be like Little children. Submissive, kind, patient, full of love, slow to anger quick to forgive. I love your kids.

Rachel said...

Anne,
I am so happy to find your blog! My cousin Ashley Stephens knows Zach from BYU cheer, so I just linked from her blog to theirs and then to yours! What a darling family you have- I haven't seen you in years!!!! You are beautiful as ever! Love Rachel(Salmon)McKeon

JS said...

How cute! I love listening to what little kids say.
I have to tell you...

tyson's cousin was walking with his daughter on a Sunday, and she wanted lemonade. Her dad said that they couldn't buy lemonade on Sundays. She asked why, and he said because Jesus tells us we can't, and she whispered. "well daddy, Jesus isn't here." Isn't that hilarious. They need to watch out for her!

Jill said...

I read your families blog. Ali and Maddie have the same writing skills. So do you for the fact. I laughed out loud and both their stories. Ali and her church experiences. Maddie is so descriptive and fun to read. I will check those out more often.