*

*

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Can you say Cinnamon Rolls?

I was asked last month to teach a cinnamon rolls class at church for our "Fall Fun Day" this weekend. I was excited to do it, but asked for some help from my mentor and dear friend, Jilly, who taught me how to make them in the first place! She so kindly obliged and came over Friday afternoon into the evening to make (with me, but really FOR me!) almost 100 cinnamon rolls to take to the church the next morning!

My kitchen was in a frenzy with children, Nana and husbands, sugar and frosting flying around the countertops. We managed to save 60 of the most beautiful rolls aside in the dining room but then gorged ourselves on the remainder, and on scones with honey and powedered sugar. It was a real treat!
THANK YOU JILL, FROM ALL OF US!






1 comment:

heidi said...

those look amazing. i'm so sad i didn't make it back in time. and i didn't even get a cinnamon roll. not because you weren't gracious enough to leave some, but because no one else was eating and i'm not a pretty cinnamon roll eater. you are AMAZING!