*

*

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Touches of Fall

The weather HAS COOLED dramatically over the last week! We are thoroughly enjoying the beautiful, breezy 80's! Windows are open, the A/C is OFF and fresh air is filling the house!! I've had so much fun the past few days with my family (my mom surprised us with a visit this weekend, along with Michelle and Drew) and decorating for Halloween. I wanted to share some of what I have done with the place to set the mood.









This morning I officially closed swimming season in the backyard by pulling in the sunbleached pool towels and swimsuits. It is shocking how quickly the water gets cold when the nights are cool. It was a good, hot summer. And we are looking forward to another good, cool winter outdoors.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I think I may be too scared to come home at night... this is the best decorated Halloween place I've ever seen. We'll call it the Haunsteads. Looks great - where's the scarecrow who stole my shirt? Ash looks like a million bucks.

Love - Dad