*

*

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recent Fun

A couple of us kidnapped our friend the other night, dressed 70's/80's and took her to dinner for her birthday. At first I was mortified at the prospect of going in public dressed up (as a very sober, married mother of three) but once we got going I just started laughing and throwing things on and we had a great time. When I got home very late that night, Tyler smiled and said he hasn't seen me act like this since BYU. I really like my new friends! :) (Yes, that is Hannah Montana).
Drew's friend Katie came into town this weekend. She is a darling girl who we were glad to meet. She and I spent some time together on Friday while Drew worked and then the four of us went to dinner at PF Changs. They came to church with us this morning to watch the kids in their primary program and then came back for dinner and to carve pumpkins. She is fun to have around.
Tyler and I busted out our 50's costumes Saturday night at our Halloween party. We threw a Iron Chef Party where everyone brought a dish with cinnamon in it. We all tasted everything, voted on our favorites and then gave prizes to the winners. And we had some awesome food to choose from (cinnamon/chocolate dipped apples, pork tenderloin with a cinnamon sauce, coconut bread, etc!)
I was happy to get pumpkin carving in earlier than Halloween night this year. We were actually able to enjoy ourselves this time around and Luke took part in the carving himself for the first time. Jake of course, being the Halloween-hater that he is, took no interest and instead went downstairs to watch Tom & Jerry while we did it. They turned out cute though! (The "R" was Drew and Katie's and stands for Redskins).

5 comments:

alison huston said...

Your new friends really like you too. Michelle sent me a picture of the night and I was SO jealous you got to wear gummy shoes, those were way cool. You were really rockin the Hannah Montana shirt and blue tights. We'll have to get together again when I don't have the swine flu. You and your hubby look cute dressed in your 50's.

kendall said...

anne, you are fast at updating your blog! love the pumpkins and your comment about the "halloween-hater". sounds like you had a great weekend...do the parties never end at your house??

Ali said...

a few comments: where did you get your 80's get up?! now THAT'S an amazing costume. Gotta hand it to Ty for still fitting in his letterman's jacket 11 years later. love that you've officially named Jake the Halloween-hater...I'm really so curious to see if it'll last his whole life. Looks like you had a fun fun weekend!! WISH I COULDA BEEN THERE!

DeeDee said...

love it! great updates. aren't GF's the best?! have a great week my love! oh also, great idea about the iron chef competition - geoff and i are doing it this week with green beans (we bought like 5 lbs at costco!). xo

natalie said...

love the update! your pumpkins look awesome and you are one hot 80s mama! :)