*

*

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kitten Kraziness

Yesterday morning while Shauna was doing some weeding in our garden (she is one amazing woman, all that she is doing for us this week!) a little kitten came out to her from behind our shed. She held it and later told me how cute he was. I couldn't believe it because I have put the fear of death in my children about the wild cats that live around here. I said "you touched it?!"
She quickly convinced me that I could easily catch the little guys and take them to a shelter so that they would be out of my yard and neighborhood for good. So this morning we set out on our task with a can of tuna... and had success. I was totally surprised at how cute and sweet the kittens were, and that the mother was no where to be found.





After spending an hour or so with them we loaded up the car and took them to a near-by animal shelter. I was feeling so great about the process at this point, but was told by the lady at the shelter that they were full and they would not take the kittens. What?! This was not an option for me. 20 minutes later I was driving away with the four kitty's, a new carrier, cat food, and a litter box that they gave me. Totally Unbelievable. I came home about in tears not knowing what to do with them and NOT wanting to let them go outside again (four cats multiply into 20 cats before you know it)... but Shauna got me through it. A little Chipotle for lunch and a sense of humor can go a long way.

At this point I have them in the laundry room and we are going to take them into the Humane Society in Phoenix tomorrow morning... unless any of my readers want a new pet between now and then. I know my friend Jill really wished she could have taken one or two home, she is such a cat lover... Kidding. Tyler is such a great husband. He definately does not like the idea of the cats but he has been supportive to me in my effort to make this happen today and has been fine with having them here.... At a distance that is!

It seems like it's always something new with me... sometimes I feel like Amelia Bedelia.

3 comments:

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

that is hilarious....you little sucker

jhoopes said...

The kitties are adorable, but the problem is they grow up to be cats and need lots of attention like kids do! Good luck!!

Jill said...

I really enjoyed taking the kittens with you to the shelter. I am glad you didn't listen to my husband. You are giving them a better life. They are really cute. But like Ty, I don't want to touch them.