*

*

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Brave little Ashley

Ashley had her colonoscopy Monday and I am telling you it was horrible. The procedure is really not that big a deal but the prep for it of having to clean one completely out is tough, for an adult, let alone a four year old. Like I mentioned before she hadn't eaten since 5pm Saturday night and her procedure was at 11:15 Monday. I was dying... A mother cannot watch her baby starve!!

All went well and they got a couple biopsies to test whether she has a food allergy or anything else that we need to look into. Basically we are trying to make sure nothing is wrong because she hasn't put on weight in about a year (she has grown taller but not wider!) and she goes potty several times a day. So...The top two terrible moments of the day were 1) waiting to be admitted took forever and every minute seemed torturous with how hungry and weak she was at that point and 2) when she came out of anestegia and was so hungry and thirsty but kept throwing up whenever she drank something. I felt SO bad!

The top one (and only) good moment of the day was 1) while waiting in pre-op I heard all the nurses trying to get their post-op patients to "give me a little gas!".... It was like, "Bob?! You got some air in there for me?! Come on, hold your breath and push push push!" I was dying and hoping so much that I would not hear what came out. It was bad... who would ever want to be a doctor that works with that end of the body??! It seemed everyone there was either a child or OLD!

At this point Ashley is back to her usual self of turning away food and taking little bites of everything. The weekend was probably harder on me that it was on her. We should have some results in a couple weeks.

8 comments:

Kyle said...

Poor Ashley! Those are the worst! Did you get any results?

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

Poor little Ashley! I would have been dying if I were you. I hope that the results show something to help her gain some weight. You are a good mommy:)

DeeDee said...

oh what a sweetheart!! your little ones are just adorable. can't wait to see you in sept!

jhoopes said...

Ashley's face makes me want to cry for her! I am glad it is all over.

Darcee said...

I sooo feel for you guys! Nothing is worse than seeing your child suffer in the hospital and feeling like you have no control. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys! If only I could have Ashley's appetite!

Blake Hillstead said...

I can't even look at these pictures. Saddest thing ever! She looks miserable. I cannot imagine not eating for a day and a half. Cannot imagine. Al

Melissa said...

We have had our fair share of tests and procedures as well, and it is the saddest thing ever. I remember Jacob standing between me and Julianna, patting us both and saying, "It's o.k." while Julianna wailed and I tried not to pass out.

Alli grins said...

Anne, I'm so sorry! I didn't even know you were going through this with Ashley. How tough for her. What a trouper (and you too!) Between this and Tyler appendectomy, I'm sure you've had enough of hospitals for a while... Whew!