*

*

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movie at the Park

This Saturday, June 21st Tyler and I are in charge of a ward activity, movie at the park. We've got the screen, projector, popcorn and icee machine, etc arranged, but I am having trouble deciding on a movie! I have a list here that I want my mom friends (or not) to vote on for me in the next couple of days. The movie has to be "G"-rated and maybe animated, maybe not.

The Parent Trap (the original version)
Pinocchio (original)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)
American Tale
Charlotte's Web

I'm trying to go for one that everyone does not already have embedded into their brains (ie, toy story..) If you have another suggestion, let me know. Thanks!

7 comments:

jamirclark said...

I personally love the Parent Trap, but that's just an identical twin thing, I think. I like all of your choises, but haven't seen American Tale for a while now. Hmmm maybe someone else should chose. Good luck! It sounds like so much fun!!!

Erika said...

As much as it pains me to say this, the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap is the much better version. Willy Wonka is a classic that everyone should see at least once in their lives. Charlotte's Web (the original animated version) is also great.

Other ideas: Babe; Wizard of Oz; Back to the Future

Sorry, this is probably making things worse.

jhoopes said...

My vote is for the original Parent Trap. It would be a cute one for the girls and there are some pretty funny tricks for the boys to enjoy. And some people (ie my kids) might think Pinocchio and Willy Wonka are a little wierd!

Kyle said...

Umm...I pick American Tale! Our neighborhood has done this a couple times and some hits were...the Sandlot and the NeverEnding Story (just a couple more ideas)!

Jill said...

I have the sandlot. But the problem is language. I personally like the older Parent trap. The newer ones has the Lord's name 100 times. The little kids might like american tale! The older kids parent trap. So entertain the little kids. That is why the families are there!

Ali said...

tough one...and maybe it's tougher now that you've asked for opinions. My first thoughts were parent trap or american tale. Seems other agree. American tale would hold the younger kids interest better. Good luck with this one!

Ali Hawkins said...

I would definatly pick the original parent trap,it is my favorite. I have been wanting Chase and Hannah to see it but I can't find it any where. Do you own it?