*

*

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poor Tyler

Recently Tyler has had to travel more often than usual. They are getting close to rolling out a new system and it's a big deal. So we figured out that we like him to take red-eye flights so that he can be home with us an extra evening before he leaves - and then only be gone two nights. It feels much shorter for both of us. The only catch is that he leaves home at 9pm and arrives in Ohio at 6am their time. Not much sleep.

Last night he was on one of these flights and I just talked to him about how it went. He said it was one of the worst flights of his life - I swear, how does he manage to sit by such freaks all the time?!

He was next to a couple that he said looked like Herb and his wife. They had been drinking and smoking and smelled horrible. Before he knew it the lady next to him had fallen asleep and was beginning to lean over on him. Tyler was trying to sleep too and finally said something to the lady's husband so he pulled her back over the other direction. Just then, she threw up! Not on Ty, but all over. He was so grossed out - and got up to find another place to sit.

By now it was about 1am and he had taken two tylenol PMs (five hours ago) and was trying desperately to sleep. About 2am he heard the captain make an announcement that there was an emergency on board and that they were making an emergency landing in Denver. A passenger was having a heart attack.

So they arrived at 8am, two hours delayed - and Ty headed straight to the office. I love my man so much. He works so hard and puts up with SO much. I would probably cry often if I had his life. And he never complains.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my gosh! What a story..poor Ty! I would have died! I hope he has recovered and gotten a little shut eye since then. Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

ty really does deserve a medal for that! nothing worse than flying when you are so tired...surprised he didn't heave when she did. i would have.. and have. i don't know how he does it either with the time change and all he has to do there. and he doesn't even get a break when he gets back... his boss, adrean or avalon, or whatever he wierd name is... i know its pronounced different than it reads... its on the tip of my tongue.... lets see.. oh frustrating..WHAT IS HER NAME??? audrey? no, can't think.. i know it will come to me when i get off of this thing... oh well, i love you all, mom

Ali said...

AUNDREA! mother! Anyway, Tyler - you are the bomb. Seriously. I listen to the things you deal with on a day to day basis, let alone when ladies next to you on a plane throw up and I get anxiety! I don't know how you do it! You are a GREAT dad and husband and your family is lucky to have you!! Hang in there!