*

*

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My day

Its 107 here today - I am covered in a light layer of perspiration, sticky and a bit swollen through the fingers and toes. It's hot anyway you cut it - and the pumpkin decorations I got out this week aren't helping much.

I got home from Costco two hours ago. Managed to get the groceries in from the hot car, but they only made it onto the washer and dryer in the laundry room. How long can milk and eggs sit out before they go bad? It's 85 degrees in my house. Somewhere I will find the energy I need to do the final push and get all these heavy groceries brought in and put away, but man, grocery trips and the heat are killing me lately.

Went to the doctor this morning. 34 weeks and all is well. No news is good news. Baby's head is down, bum is up under the left ribs and back is to the front (at least it was then). Next appt in two weeks, then four more from there.... home stretch.

Went and set up for an older friend's wedding today at the church. I had borrowed some decor from another friend to make it look cute, and I think it came together nice. Maybe I'll post pics later if I bring my camera to the wedding tonight.

Never mentioned my friend Marie's miraculous delivery a few weeks ago. She and I were prego together and when she hit 33 weeks she stopped feeling her little guy move. She waited and waited but finally took herself to the hospital and, long story short, saved the little guys life. He was all tangled up in his cord and not doing well so they did an emergency c-section right away - her husband even missed the delivery they did it so fast. He weighed 4lbs 11oz and stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks but is home and doing awesome now. Go to her blog (Marie and Justin link on the right) if you want to see how cute he is. He's a miracle. And it also amazing to think that I am as far along as she was when she had him. So cool.

Ashley's b-day is tomorrow - big plans for breakfast in bed, lunch out, treats to school and a dinner date with me and daddy. Her party was last weekend - I'll post those pics soon too. She is a precious girl with a little body, a big brain and an even bigger heart (that's how she put it to me one day). We love her.

Life is good. But seriously, a cool breeze would be nice.

I think I need to go take a dip in our cold pool, in my too-tight maternity suit and a shower cap (no sense getting ready again today). And with that lovely image in your mind, good bye.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I hear you on the heat sister, and I"m not even pregnant anymore. I started getting my fall deor out but it is just hard to get excited about putting it up when it still over 100. Forecast is promising 80s next week with nights in the 60s... I'll believe it when I see it!